About the Journal
Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems (SJIS) is the journal of the IRIS Association, which is the Scandinavian chapter of the Association for Information Systems.
The IRIS Association has as its major purpose to develop and maintain the following:
- The Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems
- The IRIS conference
SJIS publishes research on development and use of information systems and related organizational and societal issues.
The journal publishes two issues per year, comprising regular research papers, reflection notes, and special issues. All papers are available in the free .
The reflection notes consist of an invited essay authored by one or more senior scholars, and a number of invited response papers from key researchers within the focused area. As an example, the reflection notes in issue 28(2) focused on the smart machine.
- Distributed participatory design
- Genre theory in IS
- Development and use of web-based information systems
- Scandinavian Researcher Career Retrospectives
- Rejuvenating Enterprise Systems
- Sustainable Development Goals in IS Research